Mobile: 07769323415 Landline number: 01244379262
Keeping Dogs Cool in Hot Weather | Tiffany Chihuahuas and Pomeranians
- Avoid taking your dog for as many walks as you normally would.
- Walks in the morning or evening are best (and if there’s a stream for them to splash about in, even better!)
- If they’re out in the garden, be sure to give them shade to lie down in
- Be sure to keep one room of the house well-aired and cool
- If your pup has light fur or is missing hair in one spot, consider getting some hypo-allergenic suncream
- Make sure they have plenty of access to water
- Give them an ice pack or wet towel to lie on
- Bring a collapsible water bowl on long walks
- Never EVER leave your dog in the car, even if it’s for a short time.
- Get them a shallow, cool paddling pool – plus it’s super cute!
- If they have thick fur, why not give them a haircut and help them cool down easier?
- Dogs paws can burn on hot pavement. If you can’t keep your bare skin on the pavement for more than 5 seconds, it’s too hot.
- Keep an eye on them while outside, if they get warm they may try and drink any liquid they come across in the garden