This is an important time for your puppy, what they learn and experience now will shape future behaviour. Your puppy isn’t fully vaccinated yet but it’s important to continue socialisation by exposing your puppy positively to experiences like:
- Meeting other healthy, fully vaccinated dogs and cats.
- Carrying them around outside to introduce them to new people, sights and sounds.
- Gradually introducing them to the car, grooming, being handled and having their ears, eyes and other body parts checked.
You should also:
- Begin to leave them alone for short periods to prevent separation related behaviour.
- Establish a consistent routine and rules. Reward good behaviour and ignore bad behaviour.
- Feed them the same puppy food as they had before and keep the same routine with small, regular meals.
- Continuing puppy toilet training by rewarding them when they go outside.